|Wed 17 Apr 2013 21:30|
|Wed 17 Apr 2013 23:00||skmp|
Perhaps it'll fly this time
Project page: Quadrotor
- Read up and test Servo Library for arduino. It uses interrupts with some nasty hacks to generate the PPM/PWM pulses without using the pwm hardware.
- Also scales the PWM pulse from 544 to 2400 uS, with center at 1500uS. Our ESCs handle 747 to 2100 uS. The "typical" values used in RC are 1000 to 2000 uS with center in 1500 uS. All of our ESCs and the KK board support midcenter and range calibration, so we will use 1000,1500,2000.
- Verify our board (KKMultiCopter Blue). Find proper firmware for our configuration (Xcopter) and flash it via avrdude, with the supplied usbasp.
- links: http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=xxcontroller , http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=mcfc_manual
- flashing command line: avrdude -c usbasp -p atmega168p -U flash:w:XXcontrol_KR_XCopter_v2_9.hex
- Calibrate KKMultiCopter & ESC for midpoint, range (steps 1, 2; http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual)
- Test arming for flight (step 7; http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual)
- Mapping of channels:
- 0 => x1 => RUDDer
- 1 => y1 => THRottle
- 2 => x2 => ELEvation
- 3 => y2 => AILeron.
- Test setting evelation and checking GYRO/Accelerometer auto correct -> WORKS. (If we attach the proppelers, it should fly~)
- Useful video for setting up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6m49Cw3OFU
- Arming sequence at 8:20
- acinonyx took lots of pictures
- Forgot usb joystick (duh)
- Didn't create maling list
Managment tasks to be done
Decide how we'll organise our content (acinonyx & skmp, ?)
- Test with pwm driving and interfacing (with arduino as a starting point)
- decide: Create a mailing list so we can spam eachother freely ?
- skmp -> bring usb joystick for extra fun
- Take a nice picture for the fb page
- PWM, PPM, Servo control
- Arduino usb interface
- GUI Application
- Joystick input on linux ( uevent, or using some wrapper)