Our printer is a standard issue pre-assembled AO-100
How to print
There are many cam and printing software that might work for you. The recommended stack is using the following programs:
The process to print something can be quickly outline as such:
- Obtain .stl file of model. This can be either found directly (from sites like thingiverse) or designed with Blender, OpenSCAD etc.
- Start slic3r and load conf file (see below)
- Load .stl in slic3r.
- Check configuration and generate Gcode file
- Direct print (non octopi)
- Plug in AO-100 to power and USB port of your computer and power it on.
- Open Printrun and connect to tty port of the AO-100 (through USB)
- Home X-Y-Z axis by pressing the home buttons (corners) for all axis.
- Set temperatures for extrusion in the left. Extrusion 227-230 for ABS and 200 for PLA (to be tested). Bed temperature 100 degrees. Press set on both to heat them up and check the watch checkbox.
- Wait for temperatures to be reached.
- Load Gcode file and press "print".
- Experience awesomeness!
Calibration of Z axis may be required from time to time. Check manual for now or ask Manthos or Pierros.
Stock settings for slic3r can be found here.
- Extrusion head: 0.5mm (0.25 and 0.35 are also available)
- Filament: 3mm Black ABS (printer can also take 1.25mm)
- Upgrade to AO-101 (see upgrade post)